We are very fortunate to have advanced nurse practitioners (ANPs) who work alongside our GP team.
Our ANPs diagnose, prescribe and refer in a very similar manner to a general practitioner. The extra appointments that they offer mean that it is easier to see someone at the surgery when you need medical assistance.
Please do book with our ANPs in any of the following situations:
- If you are feeling poorly today and would like to discuss getting medication, blood tests, or a referral.
- If you have a long term condition that requires regular review.
- If you would like to discuss getting a sick note to be signed off work (one of our GPs will sign the sick note after you see the ANP).
- If you have been asked to book an appointment for a medication review.
There are some situations where the ANP is not the right person to see. Please don't book with the ANP for:
- Smear tests, travel vaccines, dressings or child immunisations. Our practice nurses do these. Give reception a call and we will get you booked in.
- Antenatal or postnatal care. Please self-refer to our local hospitals for antenatal care and book the 6-8 week check with one of the GPs.
- Completing a form for your insurance company or for a sporting event that specifically asks for a GP's signature. It is better to bring the form in to our reception or emailing it to us so that the GP can review it before booking you an appointment.
Do give reception a call if you want advice about who is the best person to book with.